In tough economic times there is nothing better than inexpensive and delicious edible wedding favors. Making them can be a fun project to do with your bridesmaids and flower girls a couple of days before the wedding.
Getting everyone together for a little kitchen fun is a great way to prepare for the wedding. Here are some homemade edible wedding favor ideas you may want to make for your wedding.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Individually wrapped in cute colored bags with bows to tie them closed is the best way to present delicious chocolate chip cookies. This original treat loved by most and is sure to be a sweet reminder of your big day for the guests.
Handmade lollypops are a great sweet treat to make for favors and are lots of fun. They can be made into centerpieces or used as part of the place settings at sit down meals. Craft shops usually have an edible craft isle with different molds to make cute shape lollypops and different colored sticks.
Decorated Sugar Cookies
If you stop by the local craft store and pick up some cookie cutters there are sure to be some shapes related to your wedding. Seasonal shapes or the wedding theme are the perfect place to start. Then all you can bake the cookies and decorate them with your wedding colors.
Chunks of homemade fudge are another great edible wedding favor because they are relatively easy to make and taste great. You can cut one or two little cubes and place them in cute favor boxes for your guests. Arrange the boxes of fudge around your centerpieces to add cute décor to the tables.
Cookies on Sticks
If you bake cookies on sticks you can put them into centerpieces with foam bottoms to decorate your wedding tables. Then you can choose the type of cookie you want to make. If you make sugar cookies you can make flower shapes and decorate them like flowers.
Whether you like to use sticks or not it is fun to make white, milk and dark colored chocolate. Swirls of different flavors are a great way to be creative with chocolate as well. If you only use white chocolate then you can use food coloring to make colored chocolate that match your wedding colors.
While there are many different types of sweet treats you can make the ones listed above can be made easily by most people. When you need to make a lot of something it is best to choose an easy project so the process goes smoothly.
Try making your sweet treats in a test run if you want to try different flavors or recipes before the big day. Just as long as you have all the ingredients and supplies you need it can be lots of fun making your own edible wedding favors.
- Wonderful Wedding Gifts for the Kitchen
- Homemade Edible Wedding Favors
- Winter Wedding Photo Ideas
- Choose the Perfect Wedding Dress for Your Wedding
- Celebrate Your Love with Sophistication in San Jose
- Different Types of Wedding Invitations
- Tips for Getting Married Soon After Delivering Baby
- Spring Wedding Cake Ideas
- Spring Wedding Centerpieces
- Six Spring Wedding Favor Ideas for Your Guests
- Five Spring Wedding Honeymoon Destinations
- Different Hairstyles for Your Wedding Day
- Seasonal Flowers for Your Spring Wedding
- Weather Forecasts That Will Most Likely Postpone Your Wedding
- Five Themes for Your Spring Wedding
- Bachelorette Party (1)
- Bridesmaid Gifts (1)
- Flower Girls (1)
- Holiday Weddings (2)
- Honeymoon Ideas (6)
- Maternity Wedding Planning (8)
- Pirate Weddings (3)
- Wedding Advice (17)
- Wedding Budget Advice (6)
- Wedding Dress Ideas (4)
- Wedding Favor Ideas (10)
- Wedding Flowers (3)
- Wedding Locations (10)
- Wedding Party Gifts (2)
- Wedding Planning Ideas (34)
- Wedding Preparations (29)
- Wedding Recipes and Catering Tips (5)
- Wedding Ring Info (1)
Leave a Reply